Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Home Again...

Home again...

Posted Aug 4, 2010 6:29pm
 
Okay, three days and three hours of sleep...what is wrong with that equation? Nothing if you are, like, 21 and on a four day weekend at the lake I guess. But if you have just had a three semester class on G-tubes, diet, enteral nutrition, pumps, supplies, reorders, followups, wound care, medications, nursing services and all the accompanying paperwork laid on you in a few hours time, well, it's an amazing thing if I am capable of anything but staring at the wall and spooning oatmeal in my hair. Actually, I managed to unpack the van, although Phil wanted to know why I put the ramp all the way to the ground while he was still in the van!
In truth, Phil is doing better than I am, is well rested and relatively pain free. Still doesn't like us to "play" with the tube, but it's a relief to have it there. He's playing his video games again, but still a little quiet. Tonight all his supplies will be delivered by the Visiting Nurse Fairy (okay...that's just what if FEELS like, it's awesome!) and we will be having all kinds of followup in the home here. What cannot be understated is how amazing the staff at Children's is in getting you information, and hooking up the entire team of people to make sure everything goes smoothly. They are amazing, and deserve public recognition for all their efforts on Phil's (and my) behalf!

The scariest thing about all of this is that it is just the wind up to the pitch, if you will. September is approaching all too fast. So hard to watch your kid hurting, and this was a veritable walk in the park compared to the back surgery that awaits. I guess I am thankful that I have had these past three days to mentally prepare for what to expect. We have cardiac and pulmonary test to go through presurgically, so I will update as things progress, and even some of the fun stuff Phil will hopefully get to do in the interim. For now, I'm going to spell check this, or not, and post it, and then start organizing all these binders and cards, and try not to fall asleep doing it. ...and thank you all so much for your thoughts, prayers and positive energy. It's made Phil smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment